22 May 2009

Baseball

So my Dad is a die-hard Cubs fan. Always has been since before I was born. When I was probably 7 I decided I was going to become a Cardinals fan. Just to drive him crazy. I told him then it was because I like their uniforms better, but really it was just to annoy him.

So one year we were on vacation in St Louis (this is the year I was about 8) And Ghostbusters was pretty popular. He bought my a Cubsbusters t-shirt. It had the Cubs logo inside the Ghostbuster logo instead of the ghost. It was kind of funny. And I worke the crap out of it for the next year or so until it was full of holes.

Then when I was about 9 I was watching a game with him and they were playing the Mets. I decided I was going to like the Mets. I have no earthly idea why. But he said he didn't care if I liked the Mets, it was better than liking the Cardinals, so I was a Mets fan for a minute or so. It wasn't the uniforms because seriously I have no idea what they looked like. Can't even tell you where they're from.

Then in high school everyone was White Sox fans. So I jumped on that. Bought some White Sox T-shirts, watched a few games. It lasted maybe a season. My dad asked me to name 3 players who played for the White Sox. I think I named 1. I did win box seats to a Cardinals-Astros game in St Louis that year and went. It was my first and currently only major league ball game I've been to. I don't remember who won, but I did enjoy the peanuts.

Then a few years ago The Cubs thought about making it to the World Series. And I thought about rooting for them. I kind of was because I know their history and thought it would be cool if they won. We all know that didn't happen. When the Cardinals and White Sox won their World Series I was happy, and totally cheered them on.

Now it's summer and we're back into baseball season. I hear people talking. I listen. I was wondering who I should really root for.

Then it hit me.

I freaking hate baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave them!