13 May 2009

and now more randomness

I got my dog groomed today. He's a Yorkie-Poo which is a Yorkshire Terrier - Toy Poodle mix if you didn't know. He's a lot bigger than I was hoping he'd be. But he needed a trim really bad so I took him in today and they said they had to trim him short because he had several tangles in his fur. I said OK. Evidently, he was ALL FUR. Because he is now the size of a small cat. I bet he lost 3 pounds. He only weighed 10 at the vet last week. I hate the shampoo they used. he smells like mustard. He's a mustard dog.

I introduced Kayla to the exciting world of flip flops this week. She really likes them but evidently they are as difficult to learn to walk in as high heels, as evidenced by the multiple abrasions on her knees, lovingly covered by Dora the Explorer and Disney princess bandaids.

Ryan wants a hamster. I told him he couldn't even care for his goldfish, they all died. He promised he could keep a hamster alive. He is now responsible for an imaginary hamster for a month. He has to feed it twice a day and clean it's cage twice a week. Which means he comes and tells me "Mom, it's time to feed my hamster!" so I know he remembered. I'm giving it 2 days - tops.

My mother's day kind of sucked this year. Sean usually gets me great gifts and cards from the kids. He didn't do that this year. And Ryan was crying on Sunday because he didn't have anything to give me. But he did make me a sweet card in Sunday School. I wouldn't fix dinner because I was mad so I made Sean go to Champaign and get take-out. And I made him go to this place that's in the middle of all the one-way streets on campus and is a total pain in the ass to get to. They have really good food, but I never go there. That is why.

We're moving in a month. I haven't started packing. And I'm having a garage sale in 3 weeks and I haven't started getting ready for that either. I bet I live here a month after we close on the new place because I can't get my life organized.

2 comments:

  1. I love the imaginary pet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it will work or not. Sean suggested having him take care of the dog for a month before we get him a hamster. I'm not sure he can even pull off the imaginary pet.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave them!